Access – Cookies Policy
A cookie is a small file sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, and remember your preferences
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. How long the cookies remain on your computer depends on the type of cookie and the settings you have set on your browser. Session cookies are normally deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Details of all cookies and expiry dates can be found on most browsers, where they can also be refused and deleted. You can normally block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
The following are examples of how to access the settings (these will vary by browser and version):
- Internet Explorer, “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”,.
- Firefox, “Tools”, “Options” “Privacy”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.
© Access Expeditions 2017